The first Christmas Liturgy after the restoration was held in the Church of St. George in the General Staff building in St. Petersburg on January 7.
The service was attended by officers of the Staff and their families, a spokesperson for the Western Military District told Saint-Petersburg TV Channel. Alexander Zhuravlyov, Commander of the Western Military District, donated an icon of the Holy Trinity to the church.
The church built in 1822 was the first main church of the Russian Imperial Army. After the revolution of 1917, the church was closed down and its premises were used for utility purposes.
Now the church has been restored and services are held there.
Photo and video: St. Petersburg TV channel